Monday, May 30, 2011

1st Stop and some other stuff

We went to Shenandoah National Park over spring break, it was a good start for us. We didn't camp but I took a lot of great photos and am working on some studies right now. I'd love to go back with the leaves on the trees. It's an amazingly beautiful park and 3 days simply isn't enough.

This weekend we went to Kaaterskill Falls and the Thomas Cole house, (he was the founder of the Hudson River School... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_River_School not really a school) Frederick Church and Albert Bierstadt were other artists from this school and two that were very inspirational to me.

The biggest dilemma I am having now is deciding which season is best in most parks. I'm reworking the route to see if there's a better option. Maybe hitting Rocky Mountain after Washington and then going through Utah into Arizona and California. Timing is everything. Any thoughts anyone?





1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew more about this stuff to help with some guidance. I think your plan of working towards the Rockies is probably a good one and would call for less back-tracking.

    ReplyDelete