Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tent, GPS, etc

So this week, I ordered our GPS (garmin 1690) for the car, thanks to an early birthday present from one of my besties... I ordered eco route, a diagnostic tool for the GPS that gives me the best gas mileage route and monitors my cars sensors to let me know if there's trouble and to help me get better gas mileage.... Also... my awesome future sister in law is lending me her eTrex Vista for the trails. I ordered a stereo for my car (mine hasn't worked in about 2 years) Best Buy was having a special... free stereo with a GPS purchase... how perfect?

...and, thanks to lots of advice, we bought our tent... a Coleman instant tent, we've put it up and taken it down and it's super easy and only takes a couple of minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_06X3f-IcM&NR=1 it had really great reviews as far as not leaking or falling down in bad storms, so we're going to give it a shot. The fabric is twice the thickness of a regular tent too, so we should stay nice and warm when we close it up at night.

I pulled all of our camping and backpacking gear out of storage and took inventory...

we're soooo close, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment